Recipe: Vegan Buffalo Wings
Nothing tastes quite as good as vegan Buffalo Wings and cold drinks after a long day. As these wings are one of the favourites of our guests, we decided to finally share our secret recipe so that everyone can enjoy vegan Buffalo Wings at home. Oh, and did we mention they're fully gluten-free? The recipe is divided into three seperate steps which will be described below. The first step is to make the marinade for the wings.
Step 1) Preparing the marinade for one head of caulifower
- 500 ml of water
- 75 ml vinegar
- 2 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 4 tbsp agave
- 10g salt
- 5g pepper
- 1 cauliflower head
1. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade, except for the cauliflower. Mix this properly, for example by using a whish.
2. Cut cauliflower into "wing sized" florets.
3. Combine the florets with marinade in an oven tray.
4. Bake in the marinade at 180C, for 15 minutes.
5. Allow to cool down for about 20 minutes, then drain.
Step 2) Making the batter:
- 250g rice flour
- 300ml sparkling water
- 75g cornstarch
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp paprika
- Salt and pepper
1. Combine everything except for the water into a large bowl.
2. Add water little by little while stirring until you reach the desired smooth consistency.
Step 3) Making the Buffalo Wings:
1. Dip the marinated cauliflower into the beer batter, cover them well
2. Fry the 'wings' in hot oil till crunchy (approximately 5 minutes)
3. Serve with a spicy sauce and enjoy!
Not in the mood to make them yourself? Join us for some vegan finger food and drinks!