Recipe: Apple Shirley Temple
Do you prefer not to drink alcohol or do you also like to start the new year in a calmer way, like a large part of the Netherlands? Many of our Gys' colleagues are also participating in dry January this first month😊.
You probably already knew that at Gys you can always enjoy tasty non-alcoholic drinks such as homemade lemonades, shakes and hot drinks ☕️. But did you also know that we have non-alcoholic cocktails on our menu, such as virgin Gin & Tonics?
We asked our most creative cocktail shaker, Ruuf🕺, to create a delicious mocktail recipe that everyone is sure to enjoy. So here it is: the Apple Shirley Temple!
Ingredients for 1 Apple Shirley Temple:
- 30 ml apple juice
- 1/4 lime
- 1 tsp cane sugar
- 100 ml ginger kombucha
- slice of lime
- cinnamon stick
- 3 star anise
- crushed ice (ice cubes as an alternative)
- a glass (for example, one like the one in the photo)
How do you prepare the Apple Shirley Temple:
- Pour the shot of apple juice into the glass
- Squeeze out a quarter of a lime
- Add a teaspoon of cane sugar and stir well
- Fill the glass with crushed ice
- Top up the rest of the glass with ginger kombucha
- Garnish with a slice of fresh lime, a cinnamon stick and some star anise
Don't feel like making this cocktail yourself? From Wednesday (11 January) we have a new drinks menu at Gys and you can also order this cocktail!
Oh, and by popular request: the ginger-lime lemonade is back 😁
Come enjoy a (nonalcoholic) drink at Gys!